In October, 2009, John Tanner, our Founder, was taking his daily run around his neighborhood when his heart went into full cardiac arrest. With the help and involvement of 17 people, from the neighbors who saw him go down, to the paramedics, to the ER staff and the cardiac specialists, he miraculously survived.
In 2012, shortly after his recovery from the heart attack that nearly killed him, John Tanner started Little Green Forks. He became motivated to understand what caused his heart disease and soon grew to understand the overwhelming connection between nutrition and health. After thorough research, John Tanner decided to eat a healthy whole food, plant-based, no-added-oil diet that reversed his heart disease and improved all of his health markers.
He knew his life depended on eating this way, so he started Little Green Forks to provide those he loves and cares about with healthy and tasty plant-based meals. This vision is what continues to inspire our growth today.
• We make sure our food is 100% whole-food, plant-based, and low-fat.
• We focus on cooking quality made and freshly delivered meals.
• We offer convenient delivery to make eating plant-based food easier.
• We do not cook with or use animal products or byproducts, or any added plant oils.
• We do not use coconut, avocado, nuts (except for small amounts in almond milk), or peanuts. Occasionally small amounts of seeds are used, but only as a garnish or condiment, never as a main ingredient of our dish.
• We use environmentally-friendly packaging that can be placed into the oven, microwave, refrigerator, or freezer.
• We believe in plant-based foods and the power they have to change the world.
Tanner Care -
Tanner Care offers a variety of dynamic programs with the goal of helping people transform their life. It has been founded to take the message of nutrition and wellness to the next level, and to provide tools of coaching, small group support, and meal plans to help people make choices that will helpthem prevent and even reverse chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, and many cancers and other diseases. Take the next step toward good health! For more information on Tanner Care or to sign up for one of their next programs, click here: tannercare.com
Dr. John Tanner founded a non-profit, NuSci Nutrition Science Foundation, and began speaking and teaching about the connection between nutrition and health, based on the information he had learned and motivated by his own story. Thousands have benefited from his speaking and the gifts of thousands of books that NuSci has given out over the last four years. To attend one of the Nutrition Science workshops or to request John Tanner to speak at your next event, click here: nusci.org